Damaged Goods Policy
There are instances when the product shipped from our end gets damaged during transit. If your item is damaged or defective, you can return the product within the permissible time window.
We strive to resolve such issues at the earliest and would like our customers to read the following pointers for a smooth resolution:
- Communicate to Customer Service(CS) about the receipt of a damaged product within 36 hours of product delivery (Damages/Defects reported after 7 days are not covered).
- If product damage is not reported within the specified time frame, getting a redressal(replacement/exchange) will not be straightforward.
- Do not discard the damaged item or its packaging.
- Photographic proof is a requisite for substantiating the damage with part numbers and descriptions which require replacement.
- The customer will not be responsible for the shipping costs to return or replace the item (and any related items from the order).
- The update window after filing the damage complaint is dependent on the shipping carrier(which may take up to 7 business days).
- Wherever necessary, a credit will be issued.
- Product odor is not considered a defect and returns based on this pretext are subjected to return policy norms.
- In the event of buyer’s remorse (i.e. sense of regret after having made a purchase), the request for replacement can be denied and the customer may have to incur the cost of return shipment and restocking fee.
Homespacedecor.com will be the sole adjudicator in matters related to credit claim or replacement for normal or defective/damaged goods.